Monday, October 29, 2012

How to dress at WDW in November

Reader Question:
"We are taking our girls to Disney for the first time Nov 28th & I am trying to plan outfits, but am not sure if I should do long or short sleeve.  Can you please help me?"

Disney Days with Candice Answer:
Great question!

My family actually went to Walt Disney World during the last week of November, 2 years ago.  It's my favorite time of year at Disney!

Of course, you will need to check the weather forecast as your trip approaches, but I will share my experience.

We went as a multi-generational group; from our 2 year old to the grandparents.
(yes, I was super pregnant on this trip)

While in the parks, most everyone wore short sleeve tees & jeans (my husband & my sister's husband wore shorts).  I wore a light, long sleeve tee, and I kept my sleeves pushed up the entire time.


It can get chilly in the evenings, so it's not a bad idea to bring along a light jacket or a long sleeve shirt to layer underneath (& of course, a poncho for those lovely Florida rains).  You may want to plan for your girls to wear short sleeves with the option of a long sleeve layer underneath (you may or may not need it).  Layers are a good option, because you don't want your girls to be miserable, as the sun can still get pretty warm in the middle of the day.

The only time I remember anyone being cold on our trip was when my 2 year old and my husband took a swim in the pool one evening.  It wasn't a very long swim.  ;)  I sat with my feet in the hot tub and a blanket around my shoulders.


November can be a tricky time of year.  Although the weather is usually perfect (not too hot, not too cold) at that time, there is always the possibility of a chill in the air.  So just keep checking the forecast.


HAVE A MAGICAL DISNEY DAY!
Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment