Saturday, December 3, 2016

Client Testimony - The "J" Family PART ONE

This was the first time in five years we have braved the heat and humidity of August at Walt Disney World. It was a celebration of sorts, after many years I was not returning to school. In a few weeks I would be starting my life in the adult world. My mom was a little worried and needed some time at her happy place, it was really nice that my sister Margaret could come too (she was going back to school). It was free dining, so we maxed out the buffets. It was a special treat.

We had a plan, and left early on Sunday August 28, 2016. This was a do-over trip and everything was off to a smooth start. The elevator worked, the plane was on time and it was a mere 90o F when we landed. I was happy to see our second favourite Cabin 2868, but Margaret voted that it was too hot to barbecue so we took the green ferry to the Magic Kingdom. A little bit of pixie dust at GS when I set up my DAS, we got a return time for Seven Dwarfs, my mom could not get that one because we changed plans at the last minute.

Image

 Hands down dad said this was the best picture ever.  We did our FPP and headed back to the Cabin, it was an early night considering we started at 2:30 am. 

Image

We were up early, and managed to see the Welcome Show at the Magic Kingdom.  For my reward I got to ride the train around the park.   Today was centred on watching the Main Street Electrical Parade for the very last time.  We had lunch at Tony’s, another first.  It was not as bad as predicted and it did get us a special parade spot.  So this was only the second time we had seen the parade and sadly the last. 

Image Image
Image Image

Margaret started Mickey’s Pin Quest today, she had a lot of fun with it.  I made sure that we rode the train to each of the new stops.   

Tuesday, August 30 and I am up for some more new things.  We went to Kona Café for breakfast, the Tonga Toast and the Macademia pancakes were so good.  It is going on our repeat list.  Yes that really is a picture of the Tonga Toast, with a banana hidden inside. 

Image

Today we tried a new ride, Aladdin’s Magic Carpets.  We didn’t know that it had a WAV just for me.  It was a lot of fun, I also went on my other favourite rides Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Seven Dwarfs and Under the Sea. 

A little bit of pixie dust from our last trip was VIP viewing of the Festival of Fantasy Parade.  It was a fantastic spot, and I really liked meeting the characters.  And it was the last day that did not offer the rainy day parade.    

ImageImage
Image Image

We met Belle and danced with her.  The weather was changing and we were on our way to dinner with the Beast at his castle.

Image Image

We made our way out of MK just after dinner, my mom and Margaret had been watching the weather reports.  Apparently Hermine was about to cause some troubles for the area.  This was also a first for us, a hurricane. 

Wednesday August 31, this was to be our late day at Animal Kingdom a chance to do all the new night time adventures.  We started out to get to our Tusker House breakfast, by the time we got to the park the rain was coming down. 

Image
Image Image

It doesn’t matter the weather when you are at Disney, and I love meeting my friends at Tusker House.  The Mickey waffles are pretty good too.  It was a Jungle Book package (it also was ending next week), this was the only night we could make it. 

ImageImage
ImageImage

Image




We went to all my favourite rides and shows.  We saw Nemo, Lion King, It’s Tough to be a Bug, Flights of Wonder and rode the Safari ride.  It was a little bit wet off and on, and we decided not to ride Kali River Rapids. 

My mom had a surprise for us, and we took a bus to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for dinner at Sanaa.  It was a really nice resort, we could watch the animals and still be dry.  We had the bread service, I really like bread (but they wouldn’t let me try all the dips).  This was a really big hit for Margaret, she even got a zebra striped drink.  Another one to add to the repeat list. 

ImageImage
Image

Then it was back to Animal Kingdom, in time to ride the sunset Safari.  It was really cool to see the sun setting on the savannah.  However it really started to bucket down, my sandals went into the back pack.  But Margaret was getting very very wet, we went up to see if Jungle Book would be on.  But really we knew the answer before we got there and saw all the Cast Members in their rain gear.   


No comments:

Post a Comment